- Telugu Association of Scotland (TAS), a Scottish registered charity.
- TAS is an ethnic minority cultural organization comprising Telugu speaking people living in Scotland (originated from the state of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, India).
- TAS is a voluntary non-profit, non-religious and non-political organization representing and serving majority of Telugu community in Scotland since the year 2002 (initiated in the year 2001).
- To preserve, maintain, and perpetuate the cultural heritage of the people of Telugu origin in Scotland. To assist and propagate cultural, education, social, economic and community affairs of the people of Telugu origin in Scotland.
- To collaborate in the organization of Telugu literary, cultural and educational conferences in other countries.
- TAS is organized under the Scottish Charitable Commission laws and all other applicable laws within Scotland, as they may be from time-to-time amended.
India is, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition. our most valuable and most instructive materials in the history of man are treasured up in India only.
We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.
The objectives and purpose of TELUGUSCOT shall be to preserve, maintain and perpetuate the heritage of the people of Telugu origin; to assist and promote cultural, health, educational and community affairs of the Telugu speaking people across Scotland